519 RECORD COMPANY
LONDON, ONTARIO, CANADA
Hybrid monster hails from London Ontario Canada and is a collaboration of song writing efforts between Dave Wyles (wylie) and Marc Corp (corpy). This is a new project that pours a creative twist of rock, pop and r&b styles down your throat, too quench your musical thirst. It is with daily perseverance that we’re able to purge these song demons from our heads and create new magic to spread too like minded individuals.
We are on track to release the debut/self titled album “Hybrid Monster” in November of 2016. It contains ten tracks of memorable hooks and great melody’s, that will itch you where you tickle.
Our immediate goals for Hybrid Monster are to diligently develop a space in our market, showcase all of the great songs that are on the new release, and to build a business and network of super fans. We are also working on a second release with no specific timeline as of yet, but have a plethora of new songs/ideas that are at various stages of development. We are so excited about the future for Hybrid Monster and are committed to doing our best. Our long term goal is to help recruit people into a life of loving music. That, champions the entire industry and brings comradery to both performers and fans alike. We’re going to continue to release great songs, build a great business, and too establish a legacy that fans, friends, social media and even naysayers see as a positive and undeniable force.
“We have played in some great bands together over the past 2 decades and share a 22-year friendship as well.” – wylie “Wylie and I have played hundreds and hundreds of shows together, throughout Canada and the USA and we’ve had the good fortune to record two albums together in the late 90’s as well as this new Hybrid Monster cd” – corpy “Becoming song writing partners happened organically, for us, through comradery and a love of similar music styles. Writing songs has become a fixture in both of our lives but even more so over the past four years.” -wylie
DAVE (WYLIE) WYLES:
- 1982-1985: FORMATIVE YEARS IN GARAGE/BASEMENT BANDS (SIRIS, MIDNIGHT METAL, ALIVE) CUTTING MY TEETH. FALLING IN LOVE WITH MUSIC AND LEARNING MY CRAFT.
- 1986-1989: WAS IN THE BANDS DAMAGE INC. & MAELSTROM. 2 RELEASES: FATAL FORESIGHT & INTO THE MAELSTROM.
- 1990-1994: WAS IN THE BANDS REQUIEM, THE LOVELY LADS, SNIDE & SLAG. 2 RELEASES: REQUIEM “SECOND TO NONE”. SESSION PLAYER WORK AT ART TECH STUDIOS (SEVERAL RECORDINGS)
- 1995-2001: WAS IN THE BANDS 5150 AND GRAVITY PHARM. 2 RELEASES: 5150 TRIBUTE & GRAVITY PHARM (SELF TITLED) * A SONG EACH ON 3 COMPILATION CD’S. 6 YEARS OF TEACHING AT MAESTRO MUSIC ACADEMY. SESSION PLAYER WORK AT BLUE SKY STUDIOS (SEVERAL RECORDINGS)
- 2001-CURRENT: PLAYED IN BOBNOXIOUS. RELEASES: 1. BOBNOXIOUS (SELF TITLED)
2. TWO FISTED TWISTED ROCK N ROLL. 3. ROCKAHOLICS. 4. HO HO HO. 5. SUPERSCAR.
6. COCKTALES. 7. GREATIST HITS. 8. E.O.A. 9. MARK OF THE DEVIL
* KISSING TIME COMPILATION. https://www.bobnoxiousrock.com
– 2016: HYBRID MONSTER (SELF TITLED)
* HAVE DONE SESSION WORK, TOURED OR SAT IN GIGS FOR THE MATADORS, BLACK DONNELYS, VH AND MANY MORE OVER THE YEARS.
- 5 LONDON MUSIC AWARDS. 2 JACK RICHARDSON MUSIC AWARDS, MORE THAN 2500 LIVE PERFORMANCES. 30,000 PHYSICAL CD SALES SINCE 2003. AND MANY, MANY DIGITAL DOWNLOADS.
- HAS PERFORMED, RECORDED AND OR MIXED/EDITED ON 15 FULL LENGTH RELEASES, 2 DVD’S, 4 COMPILATION RELEASES AND NUMEROUS DEMOS.
- SHARING THE STAGE WITH KISS, SCORPIONS, KID ROCK, THE TRAGICALLY HIP, THEORY OF A DEADMAN, CINDERELLA, BILLY TALENT, THE TREWS, GRADY, BIG SUGAR, THORNLY, ANVIL, BUCK CHERRY, CYPRESS HILL, BILL COSBY, JEFF FOXWORTHY, JAMES BELUSHI, OUR LADY PEACE, I MOTHER EARTH, KIM MITCHELL, APRIL WINE, DEFAULT, DOWN CHILD BLUES BAND, GOB, DAYGLO ABORTIONS, DANKO JONES, SALADS, EXCITER AND A HUNDRED MORE THAT I’LL APOLOGIZE FOR NOT REMEMBERING CURRENTLY. I LOVE MUSIC! I LOVE BANDS! I’M SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE PLAYED SHOWS WITH EVERYONE THAT I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO SHARE THE STAGE WITH, AND IT’S DEFINITELY A HIGHLIGHT FOR ME.
- TRAVELLING, GIGING, RECORDING AND WRITING HAS LED ME TO MEET SOME OF THE GREATEST PEOPLE I COULD EVER HOPE TO KNOW, AND TOO SEE SOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES THAT THE EARTH HAS TO OFFER. I FEEL SO FORTUNATE AND HUMBLED. HOWEVER, THIS STORY IS STILL BEING WRITTEN AND I’M TRYING TO STEER THE SHIP AS I JUST HANGING ON FOR THE RIDE.